The Labor Standards Development Authority was established in 2014 and is a local government agency in the Emirate of Sharjah. The Authority takes into consideration the federal legislation to develop the working environment standards in the Emirate. The employer and the worker are in cooperation and coordination with the concerned authorities. And the care of employers and workers with the development of methods that attract and motivate employers and workers and high quality standards to ensure an appropriate working environment and meet their needs while raising awareness among them the importance of adherence to the laws and rights and standards of work.
- A working environment that supports the employer and the worker in the Emirate.
- Supporting the work environment for employers and workers
- A working environment with high standards of work
- Upgrading the working environment in the Emirate
Improving the working conditions and the quality of life of workers through laying down and implementing policies/ Programs / Schemes / Projects for providing social security and welfare measures, regulating conditions of work, occupational health and safety of workers, eliminating child labor from hazardous occupations and processes, strengthening enforcement of labor laws and promoting skill development and employment services.
- Organizing a working environment that supports the employers and workers in the Emirate by providing them with their crisis needs with the participation of the four parties, the employer, the worker, the workplace and the worker's housing.
- Provide a decent life for employers and workers by supporting the working environment in the Emirate and the development of working methods.
- To develop and maintain the working environment in the Emirate through an integrated system of standards and competencies and cooperation with the relevant stakeholders that support and contribute to the development of the environment.
- Provide necessary support to employers and workers working in the Emirate.
- Cooperation and coordination with concerned government agencies and private enterprises to provide the necessary needs of workers.
- Work in coordination with the concerned authorities to ensure a good environment to improve the performance of the labor sector in the emirate and its employees.